Saturday, May 23, 2009


"A merry heart worketh well like a medicine." Proverbs 17:22
Look at this little band "of merry hearts." They just have happiness and joy all over the place. I know I am partial to them, for they are my grandkiddos, but they really are a merry little band. It is such fun to see them grow and mature and go through their different stages. This picture is not the latest one, but it really shows what fun they have together.
We had the privilege of keeping them for the past few days while their parents went to a homeschooling conference. Grandma stayed busy cooking and keeping things going. Grandpa had lots of input and teased and provided surprises and treats here and there. They had a blast outside on the zip line that stretches across our yard and takes them squealing through the woods. It was fascinating to see how they each planned strategies and new ideas for fun.
From time to time I am guilty of becoming a bit down for one reason or another. Usually it is because I am WAITING on something. Patience has never been perfected within this ole gal. When I am waiting on the Lord to open a door, close a door, or create within me a desire for some area of service or purpose, it is hard to just wait on Him. And that is an area of trusting, isn't it? Well, nothing like a big dose of "merry hearts" to help me focus on the joy of what is before me right now and not on what is yet unknown.
Lord, thank you for TODAY and for my "merry hearts" who come to share their grins and giggles from time to time.......

2 comments:

From the Heart said...

I'm sure you had a good time with all the grandchildren.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Guiltly as charged, but why should I be guiltly. One grandson who gets all the attention. Just wish we got to see them more.

Hope your having a good weekend.
From my heart to yours,
AliceE.

Dorothy Bowen Klass said...

Amen to that, Marlene!!! I couldn't tell you how many times my nieces and nephews have lifted my spirts, diverted my impatience, and given me so much joy!!!! CHILDREN are one of God's greatest blessings!!!

I am also having a difficult time waiting right now!!! But as E. G. Marsh used to say, "God's clocks keep perfect time!"