Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Blessings Unexpected

How nice to receive an unexpected blessing from a friend (Alice, at "From the Heart" blog) who appreciates something you have done! I keep this little journal/blog as an outlet for my love for writing, a reminder of goals and tasks, and to honor the Lord I try to serve. It is so wonderful and warms my heart when others are encouraged or inspired in some way by something that might be found here. As a mother and grandmother and aunt and sister and friend - I'm just another of many women who want to obey God in praying for, lifting up, and sharing the good news of Jesus to all near and dear. And then of course there are the others - neighbors, strangers, friends who haven't realized YET the importance of letting God into their lives - a big responsibility, isn't it? These blogs are really good tools for sharing the honesty of being a Christian woman in these times. It is not easy. Life has its challenges, but we are promised the power of an amazing Savior to carry us through.

4 comments:

From the Heart said...

You did a great post with your award. You are a very empathic and deserving person.
From my heart to yours,
Alice

Dorothy Bowen Klass said...

Yes, Marlene, you are all of those things and more!!! I love your sense of humor in the tough times....we always have fun laughing together, don't we?!

You are one of the humblest, sweetest saints I know (yes, I said 'SAINTS':) and I'm thankful that God allowed our paths to cross in this huge world of millions of people!!

You are ALWAYS an encouragement to ME and I'm sure to all who know you!!!

Love,
Dorothy

Plant Lady said...

Mar,

Just a quick note to say hello!

HELLO!

Blessings,
Plant Lady

From the Heart said...

Just wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my WFW. I, too, am glad we have gotten together through blogland. You always lift my spirits when you comment and I thoroughly enjoy your posts.
From my heart to yours,
AliceE.