Monday, June 15, 2009

Starting Anew

It's Monday morning again. Another opportunity for me to begin new lists, new goals for the week ahead, and a new commitment in my faith. Some might say that I should not need a new commitment, but each day is a new commitment for me. This morning's quiet time was spent thanking the Lord for the freshness of a summer morning and the new and old tasks awaiting me. The challenge of exercising and healthy dieting and being a good role model for those who look to me - all are really hard things. None of these things come as easy as I would like. But the good news is that God promises to equip us with the tools we need to follow and serve Him.
And when I get serious and trust and obey the One I claim as Saviour, then I can count on His faithfulness to help me be what He wants me to be.

And that reminds me of a song that my children used to sing:

I just want to be
What You want me to be
And I'll be
What You want me to be
Lord, oh help me see
What Your will is for me
And I'll be
What You want me to be.

And on it goes. I cant recall all the words or even the correct title. But I loved that song when my little girls were singing it and it has come to mind many times through the years. It shows complete faith. Kind of like the Scripture:

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Phil 4:13

And that's how it is. I realize how totally dependent I must be on the Lord. And that's a good thing.

1 comment:

From the Heart said...

A great post. His mercies are new every morning so our commitment should be new every morning.
May God bless you,
From my heart to yours,
AliceE.