Tuesday, August 25, 2009

SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY.............


This tall strong young man is my nephew. It seems like only yesterday that we were taking a trip to welcome him into the world and into our family. As we traveled in the car, our girls were singing and making up a song about this little Christmas cousin. And it was sung to him and captured on tape, I think. It was so cute and he was such a fun little guy with a ready smile and sense of humor from the beginning. Hard to believe he is now off to college. I decided to make him a quilt for graduation - custom made just for him. I think he liked it. And off he went.

When students head off to college, it is wonderful adventure, but there are so many concerns in this world today. We are praying for our students as they continue to prepare for their futures. We are praying that they will keep their commitments to Christ and allow Him to guide them along the way. We are praying that along with the wonderful world of education and books and concepts and making new friends, there will also be a sense of "whose they are" and that they will begin to see just what and how God wants to use them ahead. I will continue to pray for that hedge of protection around this young man and my other family members and friends who are off to school. God bless them!

2 comments:

Dorothy Bowen Klass said...

Wow!! He has really grown up!!! Your quilt is beautiful, Marlene, and such a thoughtful, personal gift. I'm sure he will cherish it....probably more and more as time goes by. You are so talented in sewing and crafts.....

Yes, we must keep our young people in prayer....they are SO PRECIOUS!!!

I'm so thankful for two aunts who prayed for me during my growing up years. They are both in heaven but I'm sure their prayers still impact my life.

Now it's our turn to be the prayer warriors!!!

Mar said...

Thank you, Dorothy. That is so true and I have often thought of the dear aunts in my life who stood in the gap for me. It is our responsibility and privilege to do the same for our loved ones. We have no idea what words of encouragement or kindness God will use to minister. We just have to be open, willing vessels, dont we?