Tuesday, January 5, 2010


Behold, I make all things new
Rev. 21:5
It is the coolest thing to consider how God makes all things new. He can take the most wrinkled up, faded out, cast aside life - and make it new again. I love the way He gives us new beginnings. January always has a sense of challenge and fresh start with the thoughts of resolutions and plans and lists. We have good intentions and eager efforts to make our lives fruitful and pleasing. I have always been a list maker, but as I get older it is a necessity to keep lists to remind me of what I need to do. My calendars are needed to keep me from missing important things. Reading God's Word daily keeps me centered and offers encouragement for each day. When I get too much in a hurry to have that morning quiet time, later I feel the void and have to pause and reconnect. I'm thankful the Lord is patient and continually offers His grace and love in fresh supply.
For the new year ahead - it's exciting to think what the Lord has planned out for us. I realize sometimes that it isn't my job to plan everything, but to remain flexible and willing to serve as He beckons me to follow on the path ahead. Thank you, Lord for this new year and for being my Leader.

3 comments:

From the Heart said...

A beautiful post, new beginnings, a time to relax, relax? what is that? Do you ever have a day that you think you have planned well to do what needed to be done and then all of a sudden things change, in a twinkle of an eye and all for nothing. It's been one of those days. Praise God it is about over and tomorrow will be a brand new day with no mistakes, problems, etc. in it, please God?
Blessings,
AliceE.

Mar said...

Oh for sure! My plans are often just outlines of what "might have been" and I have to laugh and begin again. I dont have it all together, in case you havent noticed. Love the clean slate thing with a new day. Blessings back to you, Alice.

Marlene

Joanna said...

nice blog, marlene!